I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

On vacation

not that anyone would even know......but may not be posting for a bit......i'm not going away, but have company.

i did get a new tv and dvd/vcr player. i feel kinda bad since i didn't pay for it, so i hope i can repay him. funny thing is the remote for the other tv worked for the new one. haha. a friend told me to put the old one on the yellow double line at two o'clock in the morning and wait for the crash. too bad i don't have a double line on my road.....that would have been funny. i thought about keeping it in the back of the truck to see how long until it was stolen. but i just took it to the dump. someone takes an unclothed baby doll out of the back of my truck but knowing my luck they'd leave the tv sitting there.

did get some things taken care of around the place that i couldn't do by myself.

will see about getting passport, health insurance (ugh) and anything else i might need to go to australia. i'll be bummed now if i don't get accepted. i hope i can get someone to cover me for work...

lending my digital camera to my brother.......causing some uneasiness with me. not that i don't trust him, because i know he takes good care of the things he has. but when he says "the camera is ok going through the xray machine at the airport right" kinda makes me worry. taking it to the Dragon*Con in ATlanta is one thing. Taking it OUT of the state is another. "where are you going" I ask. "I don't know, I'm just going to go on a plane and go somewhere." UM OK! my brother is.......well.......different. so anyway, my camera is at G-man's house, awaiting my brother to pick up. i know it's only something that can be replaced.......but *breathes deeply* my photo equipment is about the only thing that is worth anything to me. *another deep breath*

>>>it'll be ok. i know<<<<<

until i return
IF
i do

4 comments:

gus said...

airport xray's don't hurt regular film like they use to back when you had to have a special bag to stick the stuff in. I was concerned about that as well since i have a spiffy digital and some of the pictures I sometimes get are one of a kind. Just waiting to get a permenate ship assignment so i can have my camera shipped to me.

have fun, enjoy yourself, we'll all be here waiting until you get back :D

Ladyred said...

Ya I know it won't hurt going through the airport, especially digital. Film I will to the end of my time hand check. THose people at the small airports hate me. I don't care I am not going to run film through the xray. I throw in a few rolls of 3200 so they are required to hand check it (that film cannot go through the xray machine, even 1600)

talk at ya later!

take pics!!!

Firestarter5 said...

Just keep it in your carry-on bag.

kimmyk said...

have a good vacation!