I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Am I the Bad One?

not bad as in kinky bad. I might be, but that's not the subject. I guess am I a bad person I am wondering. The thought crosses my mind sometimes. Overall I don't think I am. But it sounds like it when I don't decide to help out someone (a family member or friend). I got a voice mail from my sister wanting to see if I would want to get a place with her.

Well I don't want to.

For several reasons.

And then she's going to feel like I'm the bad guy because I won't help her out of her financial problems.

I don't make $1000 every two weeks.

Sure I don't have rent AND a car payment, which is for her about $900 a month.

Ok there's one more paycheck in that month.

Um where's the rest of it go.

Ok electric and water, cable, cellphones (becuase of course my 9 year old niece has to have one).....maybe car insurance if she doesn't pay it twice a year.......am I missing anything else? I'm not sure that adds up to more than $900.

But I don't think living with her will help, me. And yes as selfish as that sounds, I am not sure I would be saving anything (bigger apartment means higher rent, I don't pay for water, cable) and I have a feeling I would be arguing with her about money all the time. I can feel it. I have my problems. I procrastinate. I am late alot. I sometimes think I know it all. I HAVE those issues, but one thing I MAKE SURE I HAVE IS A ROOF OVER MY HEAD AND A VEHICLE UNDER MY FEET, HEAT AND AIR, LIGHT, FOOD IN MY REFRIGERATOR, THEN I pay for the other stuff. SUre I would like to save but I just simply am unable to do that. I also don't have a child, so I know there's more of an expense for that.

She had declared bankruptcy, but I know she has gotten herself a credit card (or more) again. And I also know that it's at the limit or over. And late. So how can I feel safe if I move in with her?

I don't want to have to deal with what I had to deal when I first moved here (if you need to know there's some postings about a year ago). I won't take the chance that she will up and quit her job again because she doesn't like it (she doesn't, and she did that before, unless she quit before she got fired, which I guess she wouldn't tell me). I can barely support myself.

Maybe it would help me financially, but I have a feeling I would be paying the same or more. And I do love living by myself. Granted it's nice having people with me, but I've never been on m,y own. This is my first time. And it may be the only time, I am not sure. Who knows what will happen when I graduate.

So, I think I will just have to tell her no. And if I'm the bad guy, well I will be the bad guy.

3 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

Living with brothers or sisters can become very tedious very quickly. She'll learn to cope. She has to.

Anonymous said...

You're not the bad guy. Your sister needs to make it on her own. She seems to have a problem with that. It's like she always wants someone else to help her out. No offense, but that is one of the most pathetic traits of some females.

LL

Anonymous said...

I agree with LL. While not entirely creepy to room with a sibling, I did find myself more then a few times stuck with the entire rent/more then my share of the bills because my sister choose to play first. Made me wonder if she was the more mature one despite being 8 years older then me.

There is no such thing as good/evil in nature, things simply are. By not caving you'll be doing both of yourselves a favor.

gus