I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I've Got This

Well............

tomorrow is the day.

I chose to go to the open house for the airlines. There really was no doubt, but there was, if that makes sense.

I called the railroad to ask about another session. They tell me that this is my only opportunity. Nice. Well, guess it's their loss. I apparently cannot apply again for that position. Why penalize someone for not being able to attend? I may have had to attend surgery, or God forbid something major happened to prevent me from going? I'm wondering if I would have gotten the same answer with the airlines. I'm betting probably.

So I made my choice. Got my power suit. Got my three pages of information the airlines have requested. I guess I just have to hope they like ME, my personality. That is a doozie. But, this is the one I want the most. That's why I applied first. But they ask for like stuff that I've already spent an hour typing into the computer just to even get selected for the job. Guess they weed people out that way. If they don't bring the stuff requested then they really don't want the job. I need my complete educational history, ten years worth of employment history including unemployment gaps, references for those gaps in addition to three other professional references, five year residence history, transcripts (don't need those since it's been longer than five years since high school) and a complete list of convictions (yea none of those either).

I did my trial run to find the place and it is less than 30 minutes away without dealing with rush hour. So I plan on leaving early. But not so early that I'm the first one there. But I will definitely not be the last. Apparently they do interviews based on who shows up first. I don't like being the first. It seems like that going first people tend to forget you by the end of the day. But then going last people just want to go home and have other things on their mind and may end up forgetting you too. Plus the interviews always seem rushed.

So. I've got everything they need. I guess I have to rely on my winning smile and personality *cough*

Now I've dealt with all kinds of people from corporate to mentally ill patients to business owners to professionals to moms and their dang babies. I'm pretty patient. I am friendly despite what may appear here.

Anyway, I've got this..........

No comments: