I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Someone is playing a cruel joke on me

I have been applying for jobs as those few of you who read this blog know. I know I am not going about it the best way, because really, I need a full time income. I am not saying I will take ANY job (at least not yet) but it probably won't be in the field I got my degree in as I am working on that more extensively and it will take much more time.

But for now, I need something that is steady, and pays better than my current part time job.

So I had applied for a few positions I know I can do, but have to have SOMEone in the company take a closer look so that I can get an interview. I can't even get one. So anyway I applied for a few last weekend (not this past because of the holiday). And low and behold last Friday I got a call. BUT can you believe it, my phone died during the day while I was at work and I didn't get to check it until I got into the truck and plugged it up to charge.

The message was from the airline I applied to for a flight attendant position. Of course I called back but since it was at 8pm I left a message. They told me to anyway. So I did.

And today I got the letter stating when the open house interview was. Ok. April 3 8am. Great I plan on being there.

BUT..................

THen I get this email from the railroad. Stating that I qualify for the next step in the recruiting process for a position there (they already turned me down for one position, but I KNOW I can do it). So anyway, I was a little excited. I have a friend who works for the railroad. She seems to like it most days. She started out in the position I applied for.

WELL.............

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?

Yea, the open house interview for the railroad is THE SAME DAY AS THE AIRLINE INTERVIEW DAY!.

So, I'm having a dilemma...........

I have already asked a couple of people their opinion on the choice.............

And I have my choice...............

I know the pros and cons of both..............

Why do they have to be on the same DAY!

And it's not like I can go to one and if I don't get picked just hop on over and go to the other one. They are at the same time. And take the same amount of time (basically all day).

I know my boyfriend wants the 'secure' one. He says he'll support me in whatever I do, but I know what he would want me to do.

Decisions, decisions...........

I have more thoughts on this that I"ll get in here later. But, any thoughts from out there? I'm sure I can guess what the majority will be.........maybe............

3 comments:

ysfb said...

Go to the one you feel you have a better chance at.

P.S.-You'd make a hot flight attendant.

Firestarter5 said...

Train? You gonna be an engineer?

gus said...

when it rains it pours. sounds an aweful lot like what happened to me, get the job offer i was waiting for just hours before i began my training cruise with another ship company.