I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Final Posting.......

possibly.

I have applied for a county job, and I passed the tests so far.

Now comes the background check. Which is apparently thorough. Not that I have anything back there to be concerned about. But since these are my, well, totally brutally honest thoughts, I figured anyone at the "agency" doesn't need to see them. I did do a google check real quick on my nickname, just to see what popped up. So far on the first page just my Map My Run stuff. So that's cool. My full name comes up with my photo pages on the Georgia State Parks site, as well as the photos that got into the Georgia State Capitol like a million years ago. So I'm good there. THere seems to be quite a few people who share my name.

Anyway, when I get contacted by Internal Affairs, I may just have to delete this thing while I'm going through my check. No one will miss anything anyway right? But I will still be surfing blogs periodically. I've been working my [part time] job all week so I've been tired and just doing my online game after that. Need to clean the house and do other stuff now that I'm off for a week. I don't mind working every day.......but for the amount of work I do for only $7.00 an hour is quite the rip off. Especially since I don't do half-ass jobs or sit on my ass. Anyway, I expect a better paycheck next time. But I won't hold my breath. The company seems to like to fuck me over and not pay me right. Yes, still having that battle. So I'm hoping and praying this county job comes through.

I passed the typing test with flying colors. 11,700 some odd keystrokes per hour. Typing test 75 words per minute no errors (my fingers automatically backspace, so imagine what I could type if I didn't backspace and correct). All they look for is like 4000 keystrokes per hour. THey also have you take a video test, note taking test and a dispatching test. I was afraid of those tests, because you know I haven't done dispatching etc. Well notetaking I'm good at. They used to give the people a personality test, but they probably realized that anyone can fake that, and when they got to the job they couldn't do it. Well, now they give tests based on the job which is better if you ask me.

Minimum scores were:

Video - 65
Notes - 70
Dispatcher - 50

I got:

Video - 79.61 (couldn't they just round up?)
Notes - 92.11
Dispatcher - 70

If they don't want me for this job they are sorely losing a great employee! The reason why I say that is because I took this test about 3 years ago, when I was laid off and before I was accepted back into school. I got accepted and so I couldn't wait the several months for the process. I just don't remember if I called anyone to say I wasn't finishing the process. And they were particular about anyone who wasn't going to call or show up for the next step. So I don't know if I called or not. I don't know if they have a big red X next to my name saying DON"T HIRE HER SHE NEVER CALLED. I hope I'm overreacting. But we'll see. I might just email the lady at IA and find out what the next step is. Because I was supposed to get an email of my pass/fail and a letter in the mail on the scores. They never emailed me. I just got the letter in the mail. So maybe they don't have the right info on me......

I sent the cops out on too many calls they didn't need to go. Also I didn't contact the supervisor on most of the examples. Hell I like to handle things myself. If that doesn't work, THEN I'll go to the supervisor. So I flubbed a few there, but still passed well ahead.

Anyway, not too much else going on in my world. My niece placed first in her division for the statewide Odyssey of the Mind program as well as getting the highly prized award for creativity and other stuff. She is going to the World finals for that program which is so exciting! She's so smart and creative. Two characteristics her father lacks hahaha. All the stuff was so neat. The high schoolers were so funny. I would love to go to Maryland for the World finals but I can't afford the hotel or the airfare. Sucks.

2 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

Unless you list your given name as 'Ladyred' I see no reason to delete the blog.

*kishylicky*

gus said...

there shouldn't be a need. not sure what the state looks for but the federal govt looks for possible ways people could subvert, coerce or extort people into giving up secrets.