I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hi hi. On a better note......

I took a break. I am sitting up here in the mountains, ok well Ellijay (apple country), taking in nature. I also had a massage today. I'm still on the verge of tears, but not as bad as yesterday.

PLUS

I found this lovely little gadget that I can plug into the car, and plug my laptop/notebook into it and get AC power! With this aircard, I can use the internet anywhere!!!!!!! You see, at my house, it sucks. Because G-man's house, rather, is in the boonies of west Atlanta. On a dirt road. No cable. No DSL. That's right, most of you folks would probably die. I almost did, but I'm a hearty sonofa..... so it was either get satellite internet ($300 for equip PLUS $60 a month for service......nah) or get the aircard. I chose the aircard. It's been OK but at least I have regular if not at times slo-o-o-o-w as molasses internet. His house is on the cusp between high speed and slow ass speed. So, I have to position myself at the north end of the house. Which is in the kitchen. BUT.

Yea there's a but.........

His house is concrete and wire mesh with a metal roof!

YAY!

And if the weather is bad I don't get the little "G" in the corner telling me I have high speed. I can tell anyway. Oh and by bad weather I mean a BREEZE and it seems I lose high speed. You are probably thinking "hot damn that's a shit load of trouble". Well it is, but in this day and age. I can't be traipsing to the library to use a firewalled internet every day. So. he paid for the aircard and first month. I pay the othe rmonthly. I get a rebate on the card for the full price, BUT i am stuck with a two year contract. Eh ok.

So as I was getting sick of waiting for the internet to speed up the other day, I decided to take the laptop outside. Lo and behold the "G" was on all the time and it was great. One thing. I don't have outlets outside. SOOOOOOOO, we've decided that I will use the mobile home, which is sitting there as house for the mouses we have, as my 'mobile office'. Ha ha. I just have to see the damage. And clean it out. I can use a drop cord or this fancy new gadget in the lighter socket and do my business in relative comfort, with FAST internet, and away from his drunk ass. Ok he's not always drunk but when he's on his off days from work, he tends to drink a tad more and that usually ends up with us being a little bitchy at each other. And my being hormonal and him being non-listening, that's not a good mix.

So, I'm feeling better. Still have the mountain of debt and no job prospects as of yet. But they will get taken care of. Or I will. One of the two.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Glad you're feeling better. Nature always works for me too. It's like medicine for me. I'd be lost without my mountains out here in the Rockies.

I love to be up in fresh air and quiet. Oh I love quiet!!!

Yeah I'd lose it without my DSL. I know, I'm spoiled but I would do whatever I had to do to stay online like you have done. I'd just miss my writing and community on here.

Rock on.