I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Here Comes the Rain Again

I know we need it, but we could do without the tornados thankyouverymuch.

Kind of eerie knowing I am just west of where the tornado hit in Atlanta. I didn't really catch the news because I was WORKING my lousy part time job at the time and the hospital had two weather alerts. I got my workout in that day. I should have just left. The money versus the time spent and hard work don't equal out. I know they never do right?

I'm thinking my fears about going back to school are coming true. Now that I HAVE a degree, being out of the workforce for two years, I am having a seriously hard time even getting IN to interview.

Everyone wants an "email" of the resume or a fax. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. I am trying to get into the Railroad. I have a friend that works there in Tennessee and she seems to like it. Makes decent money. Can't complain too much. Well, they turned me down. Something about receiving a shitload of resumes and they don't need me or some shit like that. How I cannot be qualified I don't know. Maybe I need to revamp the whole resume thing. Something isn't working for me and I'm not sure what. I guess it doesn't help that I want out of this part time job like yesterday. The pay information is getting better, but I'm still not getting paid correctly. I did receive an email from the VP of the region. O joy. She knows it is frustrating yadda yadda blah blah and they are working on it "every day". Yea yea. Just work on it ALL day and FIX it and that way you won't have to work on it EVERY DAY.

I do like this air card though from AT&T. Of course they didn't keep their promise on the price/cost etc. Supposed to get a rebate on the air card {CHECK}. Supposed to have waived the activation fee {NOT}. Supposed to be $54.99 a month {NOT}. Ok I called in January and February. THey said the activation fee was one price and wouldn't waive it for me. But monthly pay $54.99. No rebate. Both times. But my boyfriend calls and gets the rebate, waived activation fee, same monthly rate. Ok I can live with that. Apparently he's the 'account holder' and he can get that rate. Ok whatever. I MAKE SURE that the fee is waived, the price is right, etc. I sat on the couch giving him the questions asked. Oh and if there was a grace period before the lovely two year contract starts. Yes, 30 days. I MAKE SURE because I don't want to be hit with fees etc.

Ok. Got that all cleared up. Then we get the bill. Activation fee is on there and higher than quoted. Monthly rate is higher than quoted. ExCUSE me? I find out Sprint's prices before I have him call and bitch out AT&T.

He calls them up. Asks them to go ahead and get the recorded tapes from the day we called, because they promised one set of prices and we get billed another. Oh, they can't GET the tapes because they don't keep them. Uh huh, so much for "this conversation may be recorded for quality purposes."!!

So, the guy says he can't change the price. My boyfriend surprisingly doesn't give them a hard time (he usually does, then again he's usually drinking when he talks to company's customer service or cold callers on the phone). Then again he doesn't care about having the internet. Well I DO! And I'm paying for it. Hopefully I don't get canned from this job or hopefully I somehow find a better one so I CAN pay for it along with the enormous loans. Anyway, I tell him we'll send it back right before the 30 days. Tell me how to send it back. I can go to Sprint for a little less and they won't be bastards about it. So the guy says hold on. Let me transfer you to "customer retention". Yea, you are about to lose a customer, so just transfer us! Customer Retention gets on the phone and says "I don't know why he couldn't just give this to you, because he could have." Yea I know he could have given it to us the bastard making us wait for Customer Retention! Anyway, we got the fees taken off, price lowered (hey $5 is $5) and still get the rebate. As long as it still works.....otherwise I am still sending it back......

But.....I have to concentrate on this job thing. Changing careers is not as easy as some might think. I am attending an alumni function tonite and I'm nervous as all get out. I don't do the socializing thing well. I never know what to say beyond "Hi I'm so-and-so, nice to meet you, how are you!!!! Great outfit!!" I get so anxious socializing. But I have to do it.......

No comments: