I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Been a While

I know.........

But it's life you know?

Had to get down to business since I was not finding gainful employment, but hopefully that has changed. It's not my 'ideal' but it's bringing in money. It's temporary, and hopefully will become permanent. I did find out that the guy who I replaced was temporary for 11 months. Yea.........that's not happening here.

The Pluses are:

It's 3 miles down the road from me!
I can use the internet when there isn't work to do (apparently that's a few hours a day, including this moment yay!)
I work for two people who are awesome!

The Minuses:

The salary is lower than the last place I worked.
The McDonald's on the way on the corner fucks up EVERY order.
It's not in the photography field.

For now it works. I need the money and the work. I do enjoy working. And with my loans piling up, I do actually want to start paying back. Although Sallie Mae is outrageous in the monthly amount they want. They aren't getting it. And there are a lot of students with big issues with that company. I don't want to default or go bankrupt like most want to do, I borrowed the money so I want to pay it back, but it's insane.

Anyhoo, on the homefront, it's a little challenging living with a man. It seems to be working. We've both lived alone for a while and have our own ways, but the more we communicate the better it gets, which is good.

Have a new puppy. The redneck inbred neighbors called Animal Control saying that our dogs were chewing up their vehicles (don't get me started) so he had to spend lots of money to get an electronic system. Well, he didn't HAVE to get it but his animals have been roaming since the 70s, and of course there is a leash/containment law, but hell we live in the boonies. He was thinking about getting rid of the dogs, but they are somewhat of a security system. They bark profusely when someone drives up, and we don't get a lot of people driving down the dirt road. So they do warn us, especially when I am alone. One dog ran off at first (the setting was on the highest so it didn't sound fun when he crossed the wire), then realized he'd starve out there a week later, then couldn' get back in. We thought he went "coyote" so hence the new puppy. That's ok. Maybe this one we can train to be a REAL guard dog. Any suggestions on how to do that, with a lab mix? haha.

Well, I know there was a lot of time missing, but I did want to at least briefly update until I can get home and do it better.

But since I"m on the computer all day, when I go home I take care of other things and the computer isn't so much a need to get to anymore.

I will stop by again. And post a little more often. It is a good release for me too. HOpefully will be more positive too. ITs a good thing I wasn't posting when I was feeling really bad, those weren't good months!

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

good to see you back LR!

as far as your student loans, just always take a class then you wont have to pay and you can stay in deferment. that's my plan anyways. lol. thankfully my loan amounts aren't that high but still...i can see myself being the lifelong student in some way or another.

so did the dog that crossed the line come back? hope so.

we had an electrical system but we have beagles and once they saw rabbit in the backyard they just said the hell with it and went, but yeah it's not a nice sound when that goes off and you're right, coming back through it is not pretty either so we got rid of it and put up a wooden fence. all is well.

hope things continue to look up in your part of the world.

you need to post some pics soon!

ysfb said...

You're back! I never go to Burger King. No matter which one I choose, they always find a way to fuck it up.

Anonymous said...

I eat at home.

Oink!

Firestarter5 said...

Kim is scared of snow...duh.