I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hello

I've weathered the full moon madness. And hopefully things are right with the world. There's been a stir at work, but I am keeping my wits about me. Letting go of anxiety and worry and well just everything is the hardest task for me to do. But I've been having private talks. Not out loud. Well I do if I'm alone. So hopefully someone is hearing me. Because I simply need to let go and stop worrying about things beyond my control. And there are a lot of them.

Anyhoo, down here in the South it's been getting simply too cold. Seriously. In the 20s? Teens?? That shiitake is for you Northerners! Moving to say, Australia, or Hawaii, or anywhere you know, along the equator, is crossing my mind more and more frequently. Just a matter of money. Isn't it always.

Well, I've got my list of photos from a friend whose family I photographed recently. I am happy with half, the other half *shrug*. I don't have the right equipment. I'm working on that. Ever so slowly. I don't want the latest and greatest equipment (hell Canon has come out with the 40D and now the 50D and the 5D Mark II and I still want the 5D!). I go here to read the previews and reviews. Very helpful. But I don't need the latest and greatest. I can't afford the pro camera gear, and I very well don't need it (I THOUGHT I did), but since I don't have a studio and won't for quite a while, and don't make over half my living photographing, and the fact that I'm well, poor, I will wait on my 5D. It still works wonders. I can use any lens. But my camera right now is doing fine. I can't use ALL lenses, hence I do need to upgrade, but it works quite well. I do need a good flash unit though. THat's my first priority. Then some lenses. Unless I am able to get the camera. Either one. But I do want to invest in some good glass, at least one wide angle which I don't have and a better zoom. Unfortunately the one I have for the film cameras (remember those??) doesn't work on the 10D. So an upgrade is in order. Until I find that my camera stops working, I will just get accessories for now. I mean, if it ain't broke right?

Also working on business cards. These are just taking forever and I need to at least get SOME out there. I have a problem. I simply cannot decide on the photograph. I simply cannot narrow down all the photographs I have taken to put just ONE on a card. I love variety. And having just one photo, is so restrictive. I"m coming up with an idea to get a few on my card without looking so cluttered. I see some cards that just look too busy. Then I see photographers cards that don't even have a photo on it at all. Um....yea.

I did make some mini cards from moo.com. I love them!! THey are already gone!! But they are not business card size, they are like gift-tag size. BUT the best thing is I can use one photograph for each one if I wanted. Which plays to my variety a lot! Down side the price. THey do have business cards, but for mine I want glossy and they don't have that. Well I'll have to see. But I do need more business cards.

Let's see what else is going on..........my niece was caught wearing thong panties (she's 12). She did make the volleyball team (yay!). She is failing math (boo!). She realizes how selfish her daddy is (boo-hiss!). This one is sad because, well, she wants to see her daddy and he blames her, his daughter, an 11 year old at the time, he blames HER for HIS losing of the custody case. He always said that at 11 she could decide if she wanted to live with her daddy on her own. But basically they forced her to say she wanted to move and live with her daddy, and in court she said that, that she really didn't want to move and leave her mother, and he lost. So he has blamed her ever since. Last Christmas, no lie, he sends her a card saying that the money he lost on paying for lawyers to take her mom back to court was her Christmas present. Now tell me what kind of father says these things to HIS OWN CHILD?> I don't get it.

Thinking about that man makes my stomach rumble.

So........i'm off for now
1

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

Good to see you posting.
and i've been telling myself to let things go outside my control...such as work. do my job and let the petty shit fall to the side...as long as i'm not in it-good thing.

your ex bil sounds like a jackass. who says that kind of stuff to their daughter? that's horrible. and sad.

i'd love to move somewhere warm...and here i was thinkin georgia might be the place to go back to. ha! guess not, huh? in 2.5 years we move again....hopefully someplace warm.

ysfb said...

All I have to say is karma is a bitch.