I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spot On

Oh I don't know what kind of titles to make........lol

Anyhoo, went to see Australia and Quantum of Solace last night (yea kinda got a twofer lol, been along time since I snuck into another theater....). Glad didn't pay for Quantum. I guess I'm still into the old days. How I don't know since they were before my time, but I just haven't liked many of the recent Bond films. What I found quite amusing *SPOILER* was one scene in there that resembled one in Goldfinger. Only she was doused in oil instead of gold paint. Funny I thought.

Australia though was amazing. There are very few movies that I really call outstanding, from my own personal tastes. Cool Hand Luke I simply love. Granted I'm a big Jean Claude Van Damme fan, and I love his movies, but that's purely physical LOL. I am talking about loving a movie based on the direction and plot and photography and acting. HIS movies really only fill my eye candy requirement. Although Hugh Jackman is my #2 eye candy man I decided last night. I even saw that what movie was he in, with Natalie Portman I think (quick IMDB search). The Fountain yea that's it. That kinda sucked, but he is a hottie. *fans self*

Maybe I'm also partial because I visited that continent. There really is a pull to the land and I have been itching to go back there. But the film was well done. The photography was just awesome. I cried a couple of times and I don't think it's hormonal lol. Knowing only a little bit of the indigenous Australian culture, I just found it breathtaking, the acting not just of the 'big actors' but everyone. My favorite scene was with the boy and the stampede. On the edge of my seat. I tell ya. If a movie moves me, it's fantastic in my book. This one did.

I do need to fiddle with the photos some more. Because I didn't have very good shooting days I just haven't wanted to deal with them. I do have some portraits I need to upload. Nothing fancy. But some are just so cute! It's been a chore lately to do anything related to photography and I blame that on my part time job. It really has sucked the joy I've had for taking photographs. I no longer want to even deal with the hospital and set up times for photos or take them. The job is a sales job. That's it. Oh they can butter it up by saying "we'll be certified" (means nothing really) and "be able to take family photos" but basically they don't care about the photo (otherwise they'd pay us more and not want us to photograph in 30 minutes or less, sure it's easy when the baby is asleep lol).

So I wrote a nice long note stating similar facts above to my immediate supervisor. Because I have to take off from my full time job to "train", yea, train me, I know WTF I'm doing, but anyway, I was pissed. First of all, why the FUCK are they training in December? HELLO?? Or is it just me? Why would you train near a holiday? Must be just me. Wait til the New Year.

Anyway I don't want to raise my blood pressure so I will sign off for now.

1 comment:

ysfb said...

Tell the supervisor to train your foot up their ass.