I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Doomed

I ordered a new computer.

For my photography it was necessary. Mine is over 4 years old. Yea doesn't sound that old but like an animal's age, it's ancient in the technology world.

It was under $1k and I have a plan on paying it off in 3 months before the 90-day kicks in.

I'm excited. It was that or a new camera, but I figure the one I have is doing just fine. I would like better glass, but until I get more business for that, this one does just fine. I'm learning to curb my desire for "things".

I am going through clothes I don't wear, like and guilted into keeping, or just don't fit.

My books. I really don't need them. 1/3 of them I haven't even read! So up for sale they go. I gave away all the children's books I had to a friend. I know her kids will read them. The ones I haven't read, well I am going to read them lol. The others, up for sale or give away. I can't tell you if I have even read any of the books I HAVE read more than once. I really don't think I have.

I am torn though, because I really do love the Tom Clancy NetForce series, Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series, and Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series. I also have a few of Evanovich's books, one is autographed. But I know I won't read them again.

Letting go is so hard to do.............

3 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

My computer is over 6 years old. Other than more RAM, I'm content.

gus said...

i have the advantage, what I need in life has to be able to fit into 2 bags that can't weigh more then 50 lbs each. usually a 3rd bag of stuff i don't need right away that i leave in the back of my vehicle thou. Scary to think that i've adapted so well to living out of suit cases.

thunder from down under chicago said...

An autographed Evanovich? Amazing! I have to find this at half.com