I meditate. I burn candles. I drink green tea...............and still I want to smack someone.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Into the Unknown

Thanks all for the happy New Years! It's been a stressful end of the year for me, but just know I will stop by with wishes myself!!

I don't know what I"m doing. It's a struggle and quite frankly I have kind of stopped. I need to take a moment and I can't seem to. Everything just keeps going and going, even though I want to stop. Well. I need to force myself to stop a moment or I'll crash. I'm already burning haha! So hopefully by this weekend I will have stopped to take assessment. Of everything basically. I feel like I lost myself and well I need to find me again! How about you?

Other than that, in a nutshell the Christmas family stuff was exactly enjoyable for once in a very very long time. You see, my mother is a drunk. So every holiday has been less than pleasant. I guess that would be my "normal." Anyway, since she has not been able to walk due to loss of the feeling in one of her legs, she can't go out and buy beer. Hence, she is remaining sober. Which I really thought was impossible. Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! So this year we had a pleasant holiday. I didnt' know what to do with myself. But I"m glad.

My niece is getting into some trouble. She is 12 yet is hanging out with a 15 year old girl. Needless to say, we had to delete her myspace account (kids are so inappropriate!), her chat accounts and some other kind of chat/tag thing. It is out of control!! The photographs these children and I say children because they are not teenagers yet they put up are so provocative! Where the F are the parents?? Oh wait, THEY have their OWN pages!!! INSANE! I am no prude but come on. And I know the hormones are raging (seriously, I can't remember that my hormones were raging at 12), but the comments these little boys make. *shakes head* I know I got into my share of trouble, but shit, I was 15 or 16! She is failing math and her other subjects are waning as well. We think it's a combination of the problems with her sperm donor oh I mean father and wanting to socialize at school instead of concentrate on school. I know, who wants to do school work at school or home right? I ran across all of my report cards and some were not very up to par (I got an F in English one semester, I thought it was Math but apparently not). I tried to help her with her math by buying her some tutoring CDs. I can't make her do them from where I live, and I guess she cannot do them on her own, since she hasn't been doing them. Her mom is supposed to help, but well, that apparently isnt happening. I don't know what else I can do from 4 hours away. Needless to say that was a bust.

Oh well, until next time. As nothing else eventful has popped up that would warrant a shot on the blog. I mean there are tons of things, but it's pretty boring.

1 comment:

gus said...

hey biscuit! ya know, they make creames for when ya start to burn ;)